Sunday, November 16, 2008

A view of my day

Outside my window…

A beautiful deep blue November sky. So weird to have southern seasons again.

I am listening to…

Decorating shows on HGTV and Fine Living today.

I am thankful for…

A relaxing weekend. Things were so crazy the past few weekends!

From the kitchen…

Lingering memories of last night’s Low Country Shrimp & Grits. Yum!

Living out the liturgy…

Looking towards Advent. Searching for our copy of Jotham’s Journey. Thinking about Jesse Tree ornaments.

I am creating…

Some skirts for my girls.

Towards creating sanctuary…

I’m washing school uniforms so we’ll have peaceful mornings this week.

Bringing beauty to my home…

Reducing the laundry pile? I’m contemplating Advent/Christmas décor plans, though.

I am reading…

Magazines! I love Christmas magazine season.

I am hoping…

For a productive week. The kids will be on Thanksgiving break next week and we’ll be visiting family and having fun, so the more prep I can do this week, the better!

One of my favorite things…

Is the way my 3 year old puts together words and phrases. She has been a little under the weather this weekend starting with a nice fever on Friday. She told me that she had the fever because the trees outside were shaking and making her sick. But when she has her birthday and turns 4 and is big, then she will feel better and the trees won’t shake any more. LOL She cracks me up!

A few plans for the coming days…

Finishing up some much needed sewing projects and photographing them. Getting laundry caught up. Addressing Christmas Cards. And if I’m really on the ball, I hope to weed out the kids’ closets and drawers a bit more. They still have outgrown clothes taking up valuable real estate.

A picture or thought I’m sharing today…

Preparation now will pay off in a peaceful Advent where we can focus on the story of the One who came to set us free. Alleluia!

1 comment:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Hey Samantha. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I love to make new bogging friends. I hope to see you again.